Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Spring Leather













Leather Jacket: River Island (similar) // Midi Dress: Zara // Heeled Boots: River Island // Sunglasses & Rucksack: Primark

I know I'm awful for always talking about the weather, but this week I feel there is an exception, and the exception is that this weather is actually being WEIRD. One minute blazing sunshine (albeit still chilly), the next it's bucketing it down with rain. Then, to top it all off, it's actually meant to be spring. So, Mother Nature, excuse me if I seem to be in a bit of a tizz, but I can't keep up!

Deciding what to wear for the 'in-between' is always a task. Choosing a jacket alone can be tricky, let alone what to wear underneath. I settled on this black floral midi dress from Zara. Practical in length, wearable in all seasons, but also suitably spring like with it's petally print. I all to often settle on Mom jeans and a baggy top, so putting on something feminine and flowy felt nice!

I teamed the dress with my beloved River Island heeled boots (although too high for walking around with my amateur-in-heels feet) and a faux leather jacket. I always think a leather jacket is perfect for spring and I do love bringing it out of retirement at this time of year. All topped off with some more winning Primark accessories. I don't think I wear many outfits these days that aren't accessorised with Primark bargains - they're just too tempting!

After a lovely relaxing and chocolate filled Easter, I am ready to embrace all things spring (including a change in the weather, please?!). I do love winter dressing, but the transition over into more spring-like attire has got me all excited for the brights, the florals and not having to wear 59320 layers just to walk out the door. I hope you all had a lovely bank holiday and enjoyed scoffing on as much choccie as I did!

1 comment :