Sunday, 17 January 2016

January Favourites


I've been really ill this weekend which means it's been a bit of a write off. I get so frustrated when I can't go out and do things and even more frustrated if I can't even relax properly either. It has not been fun, but I feel like I may be slowly on the mend this evening. With that in mind, to cheer myself up, I thought it only right that I talk about some of my favourite things for this month, all of which were lovely Christmas pressies from some of my favourite people.


These Champney nail polishes were part of a set bought for me by a Secret Santa at work. I still have no idea who bought me these, but out of all the colours, the softer, pastel colours are my faves. Despite the gloomy skies outside, they add a bit of spring to winter. Good job Secret Santa!!


Next on the list, some No7 skincare. I've always loved the Beautiful Skin range as it's suited to twenty somethings and I really like how it moisturises my skin; it is super soft and smells gentle and fresh. My favourite thing of the range though, is this overnight radiance boost. You apply it to cleansed skin before moisturising and it works its magic whilst you sleep. I genuinely notice the difference when I've used it; my skin looks brighter, smoother and a little more blemish free.


My Nana bought me this cute little scrapbook. I am such an image hoarder, so it's lovely to have a nice little book to put them in and keep them altogether. I've mentioned a few times how I like to collect magazine cuttings of outfits and other inspiring pictures - can't wait to start filling this up!




I had to dedicate three photos to the next item on the list which is a gorgeous book called Paris Street Style, given to me by my sister. As if the title didn't have me excited enough, the aesthetically pleasing layouts, images, interviews and colours inside have provided endless inspiration already and has become a favourite go-to read.


Something that was probably on a lot of people's Christmas list is an Instax camera. I asked Ben for one of these and the boy came through and even got the colour I wanted as well! Needless to say, this instant camera actually does bring the instant fun. I'm most excited to take it out on a city break and create some kind of collage photo album. The quality isn't as good as a digital camera of course, but I love the vintage effect it gives and there's something exciting about waiting for that little piece of paper to develop!

So, there you have it, just a few little things that have brightened up my January and have made my ill-filled weekend a little more cheery! What were your favourite Christmas presents?

2 comments :

  1. Love the camera! http://www.alovelystyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun that scrapbook and the nail polish colors are too cool - I am pastel obsessed lately, so totally my style!

    XO from Malta,
    www.b-biche.com

    ReplyDelete