Sunday, 3 January 2016

Back to Basics











Leather Jacket: River Island // Shirt: Topshop // Top: H&M (similar) // Jeans: Topshop // Shoes: Topshop // Necklace: H&M

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had fun celebrating. I would've loved to have started the new year with a new jazzy blog post but this weather has got me wanting slothy ensembles, comfy duvets and lots of Netflix. I'm soooo pining for just a little sun!

With the grey weather not letting up, I'm finding it hard to give up the comfort clothes, so I thought I'd start off the new year with a back to basics post (Mom jeans are the best invention/fashion revival item EVER). I threw on the jeans and a high neck top as I all too often do and added this baggy Topshop shirt for an extra bit of layering and a little needed pattern. I also opted for my fave leather jacket - the only good thing about this mild and wet winter is that I've got a bit more wear out of it! These Topshop shoes were a good find a couple of months ago too. A similar (and much more purse friendly!) alternative to Doc Martens, although I WILL own a proper pair one day. Such a cool shoe!

You also may have noticed that I've opted for a new shorter 'do. I always wanted long hair, but my hair in particular is a funny thing. It just doesn't want to do what I want it to, EVER. So styling it when it was long would take much more time than it probably should have. With the prospect of a new year, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to go for a change and so far, I like my new hair more than the old!

So, although my outfit was very back-to-basics today, at least I can showcase something a little different in my new haircut. Maybe next week I may even branch out and wear something other than baggy jeans and tops... It's a new year, so anything could happen, eh!? :)

No comments :

Post a Comment