Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Chanel, Mademoiselle Prive Exhibition at The Saatchi Gallery



On Sunday, myself and a friend raced to London for the final day of the Chanel, Mademoiselle Prive exhibition at The Saatchi Gallery. It was a fairly last minute decision as I only found out the date of the exhibition's closing a mere 24 hours beforehand. Lucky I did though, as I would've been gutted to have missed it!

The exhibition gave an insight into the beautifully feminine origins of Chanel, with a peek into the mind of the fashion house's creator, Gabrielle. An ambitious and determined lady, Gabrielle redefined what style could be for women. Not only did she conceive incredible garments, but she also created perfumes and jewellery of equal quality. Interestingly, Chanel No. 5 was the first ever designer fragrance - no wonder it is still so popular now!

The exhibition was truly 'Alice and Wonderland'; I felt myself wandering whimsically through the rooms, capturing that little bit of Chanel from the iconic staircase to the textures of fabrics. It was made all the more better by the app that was downloadable before the exhibition which gave new content as I entered each room (I managed to capture a few screenshots like the one above as the quotes especially were lovely). A brilliant and original idea!

Of course, I did manage to take a few photos just to give you a little snippet of Mademoiselle Prive;

















 



 





1 comment :