Sunday, 16 August 2015

A Weekend in Mijas

 

Last weekend, my sister and I flew out to Malaga to visit my dad who is there over summer. We spent four days in a Spanish town called La Cala de Mijas and it was lovely. It's a cute little town about an hour away from central Malaga and is a perfect mix of quintessential Spain and friendly tourism.

I already included a few snaps of the beautiful flower covered white villas in my last post, but today I wanted to share my trip to Mijas, the town up in the mountains.




As you can see, the views offered from Mijas were spectacular. The windy roads, white houses and turquoise pools were stunning.












Aside from the views - which were worth a visit to Mijas alone - we took a stroll through the aesthetically pleasing, crisp white Mediterranean streets. It was so calming, even though the temperature was around 35 degrees! I particularly loved the pretty tiled steps of the villas; so many dreamy houses!



Back down by the bay at the end of a lovely day, we tried some proper Spanish Paella - it was delicious! I LOVE paella, so of course I had to try the authentic article. I also had to take a snap of the beach at dusk. The deep blues and the glow of the lights made for a very pretty sight!

I won't ramble on any more about my time away; I'm hoping the pictures do enough justice! I must admit though, going through these pictures again has given me a second wave of holiday blues (as it always does.). I must get planning for next year, hehe!

1 comment :

  1. Amazing photos, I wanna go on holiday right now!
    I love the wall with all the flower pots.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete