Sunday, 5 July 2015

Holiday Essentials


Yay! It's the (second) most wonderful time of the year - holiday season! I'm jetting off to Ibiza on Friday with a few of my closest pals and I'm soooo bloody excited!! Of course, in my excitement, I have already started packing and I thought I'd share some of my essentials.


Pool Shoes

As much as I do enjoy a flip flop, I can't deny that even round the pool, I do prefer a sandal. With Ibiza being quite a glam party destination (or at least, that's what I hear!), I thought these snakeskin print sandals would be a good choice; slip on and light for round the pool but a sassy print for a bit more of a glam feel! They were picked up for £4 from Primark. Again, £4!! You really can't go wrong!


Just Keep Swimming

I get a bit obsessive when it comes to swimwear; I'm always hunting for the perfect piece (or two piece, of course). I fell in love with this tropical print H&M bikini as soon as I saw it and I opted for the high waisted bottoms. Only problem with H&M bikinis? The sizing! I've had to size up and up again to have a comfortable fit, but gosh darn it their swimwear is gorgeous! They always have my favourite prints, so they do still entice me every year, despite the sizing issues.



Shades

These Asos sunglasses (similar here) barely left my face last year. I wore them all throughout my holiday, summer, city breaks and beyond. You can't beat this retro style - they come back every year!




Scents and Sensibility 

Of course, there are so many other toiletries that I'll be packing, but these are some of my favourite AND reasonably priced ones. I love Boots' Vitamin E range. As someone with dry and sensitive skin, I definitely recommend it. My skin feels really soft and it really helps with the dryness! I also love a lip balm and can't go anywhere without one. This Nivea lip balm (similar) will be perfect for keeping my lips hydrated and they have a nice rosy tint for a bit of daytime glam!

A nice scent again is essential. It can finish off a night time look and all the lovely summer scents out there help to put you in the holiday mood! I've chosen Boss Ma Vie on this occasion, but as usual there are so many gorgeous summer fragrances at the moment, designer or highstreet.

The most important toiletry though, has to be sun cream (taking care of your skin is important, y'all!). I'm opting for Boots Soltan Protect & Tan. I used it last year and I truly think that it helped my pail skin catch a bit more of a glow! I'm keeping it sensible of course - factor 30 alll dayyy (quite literally).


Sparkle

I'm a big fan of statement jewellery, even if I don't get to wear it that often. I always like blinging it up a bit on holiday but with the heat and all, chunky jewellery isn't always the most comfortable. I'm going to be taking an array of jewellery on my holiday, this little beaut included. I love a long necklace these days and I'm a big fan of this vintage style Topshop piece. It'll just add a little something to a plain outfit AND it was £5 in the sale, yay!


Cover Up

If I'm popping to the bar or even just up to the room, I like to have something to throw over. This lovely tasseled shirt is another sale find - this time from H&M. This and a black version were in store a couple of weeks ago for £7. I absolutely adored the black version last year and wore it as a kimono more than I did a shirt. It's a perfect little cover up for the pool or beach and will go with so much being a neutral colour!

After doing a spot of packing, I'm even more excited to be jetting off for a girlie week in Ibiza! I'm now officially on countdown!

What are your holiday essentials?

3 comments :

  1. nice!

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the essentials down to a T. This is exactly what I would take on holiday and maybe be a book so I can read while I sizzle in the sun.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bikini! And that cover up is stunnign! lovely pictures xx

    esmemadeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete