Sunday, 14 June 2015

Sunday Stuff


The sun has actually just popped out as I write this (typical!), but generally this weekend has been a bit of a wash-out. Of course, this means I have spent most of it being a sofa dwelling sloth but in between catching up on the first episode of Hannibal (which is awesome and gory and clever and ridiculous) and popping into an Oxfordshire pub's mini beer festival (Old Rosie Rhubarb is now my new favourite tipple), I managed to snap some of my latest bits and bobs to share with you all. 


I've mentioned my love for a high street perfume previously and a couple of weeks ago I couldn't resist adding to my collection of scents (mostly because this bottle is cute). This Zara perfume is a spicy and floral number so is just my type! Perfect for day or night AND £14.99 for 100ml which is a bloody bargain!



It's a little bit random to add pic'n'mix into the, um... mix, but we all need a little weekend treat now and again, don't we? During the week I tend to be as good as gold, but the Sunday blues can only be cured with sugary sweets (bad Josie). I'm also loving these similarly coloured nail varnishes; pastel shades are just so pretty!





This is also a little random to throw into this post, but I visited the Harry Potter Studios in Leavesden at the end of last month and I definitely think it's worth a mention! It's fascinating to see what went into creating the films, from the architects, to prop design, to costume makers, actors, special effects - the list is endless! I took SO many photos, but I won't bore you with any more than the few above - it's something you have to go and see in the flesh (or feathers/scales/other magical materials, hehehe).



I have been wanting to see the Alexander McQueen, Savage Beauty exhibition ever since it was announced last year and have managed to book tickets to see it at the end of July (it's crazy popular and rightly so). I could not be more excited! I've never studied fashion formally, but I love to read about its history and visit exhibitions when I can. I'm also a big fan of avant-garde works and Mr McQueen's designs certainly are just that. I was bought this book for Christmas and have only just started reading it - it is such an interesting read already.

That wraps up my post on some of my favourite things for this month. Hope you all enjoy your weeks ahead!

1 comment :

  1. Such lovely photos! Although now I really want to eat some pick and mix xx

    ReplyDelete