Monday, 8 June 2015

Stepping into Summer












Top: Zara (similar) // Skinny Jeans: Topshop // Bag: H&M (similar) // Shoes: River Island via eBay // Sunglasses: Topshop (similar) // Watch: Olivia Burton

I'm pretty sure a collective 'AWHH YEAHHH' could be heard across England this weekend as the sun finally showed its face in June! Barbecues and general chilling out filled the weekend which was very nice indeed. 

I always find it a bit of a shock to the system transitioning into very warm weather, and I'm always very hesitant when exposing the (bordering on translucent) legs in more summery attire. So, with that in mind, I thought I'd take baby steps into the warmer temperature.

I'm trying now to save some pennies as I have a trip in a few weeks' time planned for Ibiza (excited is an understatement!) so I wanted to do my best at recycling this weekend. I found this pretty, flowy top from Zara hidden in my wardrobe and thought it'd be a great transition piece - I also love the fun flamingo print! I teamed it with some simple black Topshop Joni jeans and finished the outfit off with my vintage style sandals which were picked up on eBay for a steal. I like to think the big sunnies and tote bag add a bit of sophistication too (this bag literally goes everywhere with me - one of my best buys!).

It looks as though we're in for an 'up-and-down' June weather wise, but I'll be keeping optimistic and will be rummaging through my wardrobe to find other summer pieces to recycle!

9 comments :

  1. Love the pattern in your top<3 you look stunning thanks for sharing love your style
    follow for follow?:)

    xoxo
    http://hilarynirvana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited that it's pretty much summer, your look is really cute & simple :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit. I'm so excited for the summer.
    I just wanna wear summer dresses everyday!

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the top, the print is too cute :) Have fun in Ibiza!

    xx
    Spark&Bark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit and photos dear! x

    www.thestylishcupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a cute top!

    http://differentcands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the print on this top it's so cute and the glasses look amazing xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete