Monday, 23 March 2015

Staples for Spring


Spring is (sort of) in the air! And with that comes the realisation that I may need to start rearranging my wardrobe, bringing pastels and paisley print to the forefront. I've put together a few items which I think will be great for the spring months but will also triumph in that in-between weather.




Inspiration

If there's one thing I can never get enough of, it's admiring beautiful outfits! I'm a bit of a magazine hoarder and Hello's Fashion Edition magazines have been a fave of mine since my first one appeared in my Christmas stocking. It's gorgeous and glossy and will only set you back £1!!! Again, £1!!!! It's a great insight to current trends with articles and interviews from industry experts (with lots of pretty pictures!) so will be perfect in providing inspiring ensembles for spring.



Recycling

The above talk of inspiration brings me nicely on to my next point - recycling! I'm a terrible shopaholic and with a new season approaching it's always tempting to splurge on a complete new wardrobe; however, a quick rummage through my clothes turned up a few pieces which will carry over into spring. I've had this shirt for a couple of years now, but the simple floral print and pastel pinks and purples make it a winner every year! I talked about my (slightly embarrassing) outfit scrapbook very early on the blog; a quick flick through always helps to inspire when trying to style an older piece of clothing.


Pastel

I loooveee pastel shades; they're so timeless and pretty. I picked up this gorgeous knit for £5 in Primark last weekend and it'll be great for the colder spring days when you still want to incorporate a bit of colour!



Shades

When the sun does show its face, it's nice to have a good pair of sunglasses on hand. I love vintage style sunglasses over any other and these were around £3.00 from good ol' Primark! 


A Good Dupe!

Oh, how I've lusted over Stan Smiths. After seeing them on EVERYONE and thinking how cool they were, I was very tempted to pretend I could afford to blow £70 on shoes. Then I spot these beauts from Topshop which cost a much more appealing £22. As a bit of a bargain hunter, I find spotting good dupes to be something of an achievement! White pumps are perfect for those casual spring outfits and will last all year round.


Shiny

The metallic trend was everywhere last year and it looks set to be a big hit again in 2015. Whilst browsing in Forever 21, like a magpie I was drawn to these shiny shoes! I love the thick, punky soles and the stand out silver. They will add a definite pop to any outfit and I can't wait to wear them!

A few simple things to all be mixed and matched into a spring wardrobe. What are your spring essentials? 

7 comments :

  1. I'm so excited for spring and this post just more me more so.
    Love the pastels and the metallic shoes.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lovely, just letting you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can read my post here >> http://samoxborrow.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/liebster-award.html - Samantha xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pastels as well! The Primark jumper is so nice and such a bargain!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absoluely love the Hell Fashion magazine too. And, yes I am a complete magazine hoarder myself.

    The Primark jumper is so lovely. I love lilac. And, the quality looks excellent. I can't believe it's only a fiver. I'm definitely going to try to hunt it down in my local store. And, I hope they have other colours too. :)

    Christina x
    Christina Campbell Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely images! I love the sunnies. Great inspirational post!
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so looking forward to spring, that shirt if perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous post, your spring staples are perfect and I just wish it was spring again here in Australia! x

    I'm a newbie blogger hoping to make some friends in the blogging community, if you're at all interested? :3

    www.chontellelouise.blogspot.com.au

    xx Chontelle Louise

    ReplyDelete