Sunday, 29 March 2015

Out-and-Out Nineties










 


Top: H&M // Shirt: Zara (similar) // Jeans: Topshop // Bag: Primark // Boots: River Island // Watch: Olivia Burton // Belt: H&M (similar) // Necklace: Vintage

Mom jeans: check
Back pack: check
Roll neck: check
Crimped hair: check

So, I probably couldn't get much more nineties in this get-up and as a child of that decade, it seems only right that I embrace it! That being said, the roll neck top underneath the check shirt adds a speck of seventies too! I do love all the throwback fashions.

This Zara shirt is a great staple. It can be worn buttoned up, as a jacket, with skirts, jeans or even to work! Last time I wore it, I opted for an 'in the country' look, but I love it even more undone, layered over the roll neck (which is another staple top of mine!).

I'm also still really enjoying Mom/Boyfriend jeans. So easy and effortless. I always think they look that bit more cool than regular skinnies! I popped this lovely, vintage style belt on for a bit of extra detail.

The boots and bag were bargain finds a couple of weekends ago. The western style chelsea boots were picked up in River Island for £20. I'd seen them a few months ago, but due to the original £40 price tag, I decided that I'd wait and go back once the next few paydays had rolled around. When I saw they'd been reduced, of course I had to grab them! They fit so nicely, so I'm very pleased with my find! They don't seem to be online anymore, but I do love a good River Island sale bargain - particularly the shoes. This Primark back pack was also a steal at £10. You can't go wrong with a plain back pack to add a retro twist to an outfit. It's also big enough to fit my bulky camera and other essentials - perfect!

This weekend has been a bit of a wash out weather wise, but I'm hoping next bank holiday weekend brings a bit of spring sunshine! Only four working days to go, then a four day long weekend - yipee!

9 comments :

  1. Wow this mom jean is perfect ! Like it so much !

    Kiss ma belle ! Yuyu

    http://www.yuyufashionbook.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! x

    www.chontellelouise.blogspot.com.au

    xx Chontelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi babe! You look perfect with those jeans! Love the whole outfit :)
    Have anice day.
    Kisses and hugs from Mexico city.
    xx
    www.modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those jeans look so good on you! :)

    There is a Giveaway on my blog!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you - mom jeans are the BOMB. Totally comfortable. I love this whole outfit! Keep it up :)
    - Amanda x

    www.ladydanish.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh crimped hair haven't done that in a while. And I have to say when I did it definitely did not look that nice.

    Great outfit.

    http://articulatelondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice outfit, you look absolutely amazing. Great style :)

    myvintagephotography.blogspot.de/2015/02/african-vibe.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so 90's but it looks great
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look, especially the boots!
    x

    ReplyDelete