Thursday, 15 January 2015

Late to School









Shirt: Bershka (similar) // Skirt: Topshop (similar) // Shoes: Topshop // Bag: H&M (similar) // Necklace: Primark

So, the title of this post comes from the realisation that I probably look a tad 'schoolish' with this ensemble; the checks and the loafers just give that secondary school air (that being said, my actual secondary school uniform was awful. Sweat shirts with smart trousers. WHY?!). Obviously, I'm waaaay late on the 'back to school' trend, so I thought 'late to school' would be a suitable alternative.

This check shirt was a great find in the Oxford Street Bershka. It was around £20.00 and is great quality. Most flanel shirts do tend to be a bit steeper in price, so I was pleased to find one with a pattern I liked so much without having to splurge.

This skirt has been in my wardrobe for a few years now. A good staple that I haven't been able to part with (even if it is a bit faded from the amount of washes!). A plain skirt or shorts are worth having around as they can be thrown with anything.

Onto the shoes! I have a lot of love for these shoes, mainly because they were £15.00 in Topshop's latest sale. Even though I seem to have a shoe collection ready to burst, I still seem to be lacking in a decent winter shoe. I have a couple of pairs of boots and a pair of flats that definitely aren't made to be worn in winter (they're looking a little worse for wear now because of it...). These loafers are patent leather-esque material so are a lot more sturdy for battling the cold and wet. They're super cute too!

Obviously, it has been pretty cold, so my trusty Primark boyfriend coat did accompany me too! 





4 comments :

  1. i just have to say that your blog layout and header and everything is so beautiful! im so glad i just stumbled across it! also you look gorgeous, love the skirt! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/lets-talk-about-body-shaming.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's really sweet, thank you :) I will of course check out your blog x

      Delete