Sunday, 25 January 2015

Get Smart








Top: H&M // Trousers: Topshop (similar) // Brogues: Topshop (similar) // Bag & Belt: H&M // Sunglasses: Portobello Market // Watch: Olivia Burton

I'm so reliant on my black Joni jeans when it comes to outfit planning and they certainly have had their use (and they will do until they fall apart; my all time fave jeans!). Lately however, I've been wanting to branch out and wear different things, starting with a pair of 'day trousers'. 

These cropped trousers were bought in the Topshop sale for £25. Being cropped, they're not exactly the most ideal style for the depths of the winter cold we're experiencing right now... nevertheless, they're a smart, easy alternative to a pair of jeans that can be worn from day to night (and a pair of nude pop socks will help keep the cold at bay).

My H&M black polo neck was popped on underneath to keep the outfit looking clean and sharp. I think we can all agree that high neck tops are an absolute must! Warm and chic - the perfect combination for winter!

These brogues have lasted me a good couple of years now. A cute and comfy shoe that adds a vintage twist to any outfit. I also chose my leopard print detailed bag to add a bit of extra pattern and texture. 

I'm really pleased with my bargain trousers and how they bring something a bit more special to a simple, daytime outfit. I'm definitely looking to try more new things and not rely so heavily on jeans and a jumper. That being said, you'll never keep me away from my beloved Jonis for too long!

5 comments :

  1. lovely outfit..love your sunnies and the shoes does really give a vintage feel to this outfit <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look fantastic

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mannish trousers, always a winner x

    aforvogue
    NEWPOST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! Love the pants!
    xx
    Coco
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit, I love those pants

    Adaora x
    www.always-becoming.com

    ReplyDelete