Sunday, 11 January 2015

Daytime Dress-up








Jumper: H&M // Jeans: Topshop // Boots: Primark // Bag: Topshop // Necklace: Topshop

Firstly, hello and welcome to the new (and hopefully improved) A Pretty Post-It! I started blogging in April 2014 using the free Wordpress.com site. It was a great way to ease me in to blogging as my technical knowledge is very, very limited! However, a new year brings an opportunity to begin new projects, and Blogger seems to allow for much more customisation of a blog theme. So, I hope you like it!

Apologies for the over exposed photos here! I didn't realise quite how bright they were when they were being taken. Hopefully, you still get the gist of the outfit! 

Now the festive season has officially drawn to a close, I find myself already missing the glitter and sparkle. To cheer myself up, I thought I'd incorporate a bit of glam into today's look. 

As I've said previously, I do love a bit of minimalism these days. I still enjoy a bold pattern and a good few layers, but simple sophistication is always a winner. I'm wearing my black Jonis again; sorry for them being so repeated on the blog! They're just that ultimate go-to that go with everything. I paired them with this bargain white jumper that was found in the H&M sale for £7 (WIN!) for the foundations.

Two other sale finds were added to give this outfit some sparkle; this metallic clutch bag and beautiful chunky necklace - both from Topshop. I had my eye on the bag months ago, but, for one reason or another, left it in the shop. When I saw it had entered the sale of course I grabbed it! I was also so chuffed to find this layered black, gold and silver necklace. It's the ultimate statement piece and really does add that dressy touch. 

It's great to be able to take a simple outfit and make it that little bit more jazzy and even better when the majority of an ensemble was purchased in the sales! I must admit, I didn't find loads this year, but it's nice to still find a few hidden gems. 

What were your favourite sale picks?

4 comments :

  1. I love your outfit,you look beautiful ♥

    fashionwithvalentina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started off on wordpress and I much prefer blogger as well! That jumper was such a bargain, love it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's good to hear as I was very hesitant to make the move!

      Thanks! I do love a good bargain :) x

      Delete