Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Check Mate

I am such a big fan of high neck tops. They can look so smart and are perfect for winter. My black H&M number has been a good go-to piece since last year (see here and here), but I've gradually expanded my collection.




 


 

Coat: Primark // Top: Asos // Shorts: Glamorous @ Asos // Boots: Primark

This Asos check top is gorrrgeous! It's one of my favourite recent purchases. I always find myself being drawn to a check pattern; such an easy to wear, chic print. I teamed it with some leather look shorts for a smart/casual day ensemble. You can't really see them in these photos because of the black tights, but they're a perfect fit and length - high waisted and not too short so can be worn from day to night. The outfit was finished off with my amazing Primark coat. It's such good quality and goes with nearly everything! So worth the £25!

Even as an advocate for bright colours, I really like simple, monochrome outfits such as this one. The black and white checks against the grey is a perfect combination and the high neck adds that touch of sophistication.

I'm so enjoying experimenting with winter dressing; it's the best season for fashion (I hope you'll agree!). Despite the cold (which I actually quite like!), it's great to be able to wear brights, monochromes, faux fur, leather, big coats and beyond. The options are endless!

6 comments :

  1. In love with your coat and with your top! <3 Your outfits are always so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really sweet, thank you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous! your coat is to die for, and i love the plaid <3
    thesartorialcoquette.com

    ReplyDelete