Thursday, 6 November 2014

Favourite Winter Accessories




How cold has it been this week?! We had an almost hot Halloween and then two days later, the temperature is dropping to near zero degrees. Oh England, you never disappoint. It's time to get out the proper winter gear, and I thought I'd share my must have accessories for the coming months.








 
Necklace: H&M (similar) // Coat: Vintage // Bag: H&M // Hat, Scarf & Gloves: Primark

A statement necklace is a must for me. I love experimenting with jewellery and have been partial to the simpler styles lately. However, a statement necklace added to all those warm, winter layers just adds that something extra. I love the icy blues and purples finished with the gold detailing in this particular necklace. A bit of sparkle is very fitting with the Christmas season just around the corner!

Fur is BIG this season and it is everywhere! This faux fur coat was kindly handed down to me from my Nana and luckily is a perfect fit! Lovely and warm and fabulously glam. The faux fur bag was bought in an H&M sale last year (I wore it here!). It was a great find; I'm so pleased fur is such a big trend this season as I'll definitely get my use out of it. I've got my eye on a few more fur pieces - Asos especially have an amazing range right now in all kinds of colours and categories.

I have loved this fedora ever since it was bought in the summer for festival season. It has already been a big part of my transitional wardrobe and will remain a top accessory through the colder months. I wore it a couple of weeks ago and even though it was a lot less cold then, I was still surprised at how well it kept my head warm! Sensible and stylish - perfect! I bought this a few months ago, but the same or similar are still in the stores now.

Leather style gloves are another elegant accessory which keep your hands nice and toasty. I've wanted a pair for ages, so at £8, I couldn't resist them! The dogtooth scarf is also a bargain Primark find (of course!). It's a smart, monochrome print so will go with lots of outfits.

I'm still very much experimenting with my DSLR and this is my first proper attempt at styling, composing and focusing my photos for a more polished look. Definitely still a work in progress! I'm reading lots and taking note of simple tutorials so hopefully there'll be improvements as I go! It's been lots of fun to work with in the meantime.

So there you have it, my winter essentials! What are your essential winter accessories?

1 comment :

  1. Lovely post! I really need some faux fur in my life!

    I would love it if we would follow each other on bloglovin! Please check out my blog and let me know if you have followed me. I will follow back immediately!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete