Sunday, 16 November 2014

A Little Bit Country

So, I finally got round to doing a bit of Christmas shopping yesterday. I say finally like Christmas day is only a week away, but it feels like everyone's so organised! Ben and I had a lovely day strolling round Oxford browsing the shops, topped off with a visit to The New Theatre to watch Shrek the Musical, which was fab! After such a packed Saturday, a lazy Sunday was in order.





 
Faux Fur Coat: Vintage // Shirt: Zara // Jeans: Topshop // Boots: Topshop (similar)

A little walk around the lake with Ben's lovely boxer dog, George, was a nice way to round off the weekend. I thought I'd try and dress accordingly, trying out my new check shirt from Zara. The beige and copper tones are the perfect colours for autumn/winter and I can't resist a smart collar! I bought a few other basic Zara tops for under £26 which is amazing considering they're such good quality. I think I overlook Zara too often, heading straight for Topshop normally! But they have some gorgeous pieces in at the moment, I'll definitely be visiting more often!

I teamed the checks with the faux fur, channeling my inner country girl. The air is becoming more and more chilly, so the faux fur coat was nice and toasty on our winter walk. Fur is such a big trend this season, so it's great that some pieces can be worn so easily every day (and even for a bit of dog walking!).

My beloved Topshop ankle boots were the best choice of footwear. They are SOOO comfy and I've had them a while so I didn't mind getting them a little muddy. I'm still on the hunt for my next pair of flat winter ankle boots, but these will always be my faves!



I'll round this post off with a couple of photos from our walk today. How cute is George!? Such a well behaved pooch, even when I made him pose with me! I'd also like to give a little mention to Ben. He's always on hand to take my outfit photos which I really appreciate! He's a star :)

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend and enjoy the week ahead!

6 comments :

  1. I love the outfit, it's been put together perfectly, and the texture of your coat is divine! xxx

    www.rhiannontalksfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vintage coat, I can never seem to find one to fit me as well as yours does. These pics have spurred me on to keep looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thank you! This was actually a hand-me-down from my lovely Nana, so it's lucky it fit! A vintage bargain hunt is always a good idea though! :) x

    ReplyDelete