Sunday, 19 October 2014

The Patterned Pinafore

Ahh I love days like today, when the air is a bit crisper but the sun is still shining in between the orange and brown trees. It always feels so peaceful and makes me feel all cosy! Perfect kind of day. My boyfriend and I decided to go for a little countryside walk and I wanted to take some inspiration from the autumn colours for my outfit today.




 


Top: H&M // Dress: Urban Outfitters // Shoes: Primark // Necklace: Oxfam // Sunglasses: Portobello Market

I love this pinafore shift dress. It was picked up in the Christmas UO sale and what a find it was! The dark colours and vintage style print are perfect for the colder months - I'm almost blending in! The loose fit allows for it to be layered over this black roll neck top and I like that the combination makes for a smart autumnal outfit.

This 'J' necklace was quite the find in an Oxfordshire Oxfam. Of course I had to have it! I've said before how much I love a charity shop necklace hunt. It's a great way to find pretty, vintage pieces for a snip. A tiny bit of bling just adds that little pop to this outfit whilst still keeping it smart and simple.

And finally, these boots. Primark you've done it again! Amazing quality and a steal at £15. They're not too high, so can be worn from day to night. The chunkyness also adds a punky edge.

I hope you've all enjoyed this glorious autumnal day as much as I have. It's actually left me feeling excited for the next few weeks! It may be a bit cold at times, but it means we have all the lovely layering and cosy nights in to enjoy!

2 comments :

  1. In love with your dress! I love that emerald green for the colder months, it's so rich and like you said vintage-esque! Also autumn country-side walks are the best! Great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Ashumi! I'm glad you agree about autumn walks too - they are the best! :) x

    ReplyDelete