Friday, 3 October 2014

The Clash

This week, I wanted to experiment a little. This year has been all about the co-ord, but clashing prints are also still as prominent as ever. Floral print and checks have been a a popular, easy-to-wear choice, so I thought I'd give something similar a go.





Shirt: Topshop // Jeans: Topshop (similar here or here) // Shoes: Topshop // Sunglasses: Asos

I think the main thing to remember when creating a pattern clashing outfit is to still keep it fairly simple. Put too many prints together, or layer on too many accessories, and it could end up looking overdone and confused! That being said there are some incredible bloggers out there who create amazing, crazy clashing outfits effortlessly.

I like to think this pattern clash works as I've stuck to a monochrome base (with a few bright colours coming through) and added just a simple gold necklace and sunglasses for a bit of added texture, keeping the patterns as the main feature.

This printed shirt was another Topshop summer sale find (sorry guys!), and I love the bright and bold tropical print. It was great for summer, but the contrast against the check jeans sets it up nicely for the transitional period.

I have a new found love for these jeans now the weather's slightly cooler! Despite them being printed, this clashing ensemble just goes to show how versatile they are. I've styled them previously on the blog in different ways in this post and in this post.

I'm trying to make the most of my open toed, sandaly, summery shoes before there really is no turning back and into full time socks and boots we go! Sliders are so comfy, and were essential in all summer wardrobes. There were so many variations of this shoe over summer and there are still a few around now - a handy go-to piece for a casual day.

I have had a completely recycled outfit in this post. I've been trying to save a bit of money lately (you know, saving for the future and all that). I normally combine old and new pieces to create my daily outfits, but creating something different from things that have already been worn a few times can be a challenge. Once something's been worn one way it can be hard to get out of the habit and it's always more than a little tempting to buy something new (especially when trying to maintain a fashion blog!). But being thrifty and trying to recycle has actually been a lot of fun; it pushes me to improve my style ideas and think outside the box.

I can't wait to get my hands on some shiny, new goodies or a complete outfit set in the next couple of weeks, but it's always great to find those old pieces in the wardrobe that can be re-styled to create new look.

What pieces will you be recycling this season?

4 comments :