Sunday, 12 October 2014

Monochrome Midi

Black and white is always a winner and perfect for the autumn months. As Leonardo da Vinci once said, 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication' - I love that quote!







 

 Top: H&M // Skirt: H&M // Bag: Primark // Shoes: Primark // Necklace: Primark // Leather Jacket: River Island (similar)

I'm a big fan of midi skirts; they just ooze feminine sophistication. They can be dressed up or down and worn in every season making them a wardrobe essential. This black textured midi is a bargain in the H&M sale right now at £12! I love the a-line shape, nipping in at the waist to flatter any figure.

I decided to team it with a printed white tee. It seems to be a popular choice of outfit right now; the perfect mix of smart casual. I also popped on the Primark pearls and thin heels for a classic, 'lady-like' feel.

This leather look jacket is fabulous quality. For this ensemble, I wanted to choose a jacket which would be in keeping with the smart casual vibe and this was it. I really like how it looks with the midi skirt - the contrasting textures bring more life to the outfit.

I'm really pleased with this skirt and and how it looks with the simple tee and polished accessories today; a simple yet effective monochrome look. Black is always in style, so I'll head into the colder months excited to try out a few different looks incorporating the classic colour!

14 comments :

  1. You look gorgeous girl, rocking that leather+midi skirt look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you're wearing makeup in these photos, but your complexion looks lovely! The natural vibe is great for this simply-chic outfit xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thank you! That's very sweet, but sadly I am wearing makeup - I don't think my complexion would look the same without it haha! Glad you like the outfit too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge fan of midi skirts too! They are just so classy and feminine! Love this one you are wearing from H&M! I tried to get it in the purple color but they were all sold out in my size! :( Your top is so sweet with the skirt!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Rebecca! I hate it when things sell out! But hopefully something similar will come up soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with your outfit!
    So nice

    Eunice x
    http://iamrisingsun.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! Just perfect xx :) The skirt is my fav part

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah that's a lovely comment, thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that skirt! Been so tempted to buy it from the website... Only thing stopping me is the size I'm unsure of, It's a little hit and miss with H&M sizes sometimes. Did you find this true to your own size?? It looks gorgeous on you, especially with the top and necklace :) xx

    Http://www.itsalwaysdarkestbeforethedawn1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Emma! Ah yes, I totally know what you mean. I love H&M but the sizing can be difficult! I am normally a 10-12 in bottoms so I opted for a 12 in this skirt and it fits perfectly. Hope this helps! And thank you for the lovely comment :) x

    ReplyDelete