Monday, 27 October 2014

Gloom and Bloom

Even though it's getting colder and greyer, I still wanted to incorporate some bright colours into today's look. Midis are a favourite of mine and it's great to be able to take another summer piece into autumn.








Top: H&M // Skirt: Primark // Leather Jacket: River Island (similar) // Boots: Topshop (similar) // Bag: H&M // Hat: Primark

This Primark midi skirt was picked up for £5 over the summer and definitely had its use on the hot days. I think the over the knee length and retro floral print make it great for the autumn too for a bright, feminine ensemble.

A polo neck is a must have in any wardrobe as they go with everything! They add a chic touch and most importantly, keep you nice and toasty! I got this last year, but there are so many around in all high street stores. I plan on getting a few more in different colours.

My lovely leather River Island jacket was popped on over the top. Leather jackets are perfect for the transitional weather; not too thick but they just add an extra layer to take off the slight chill in the air. They're also a cool, casual staple, so work with all kinds of outfits.

I love how the fedora just rounds off the look. Hats are brilliant accessories as they're effortlessly smart - another collection I'll be looking to expand for winter!

As a big fan of bright, bold prints, I'm glad there are still pieces that will work all year round like this steal of a midi skirt. I love autumnal tones, but bright colours will definitely be sticking around in my wardrobe as well, even if the weather is a bit gloomy!

4 comments :