Sunday, 28 September 2014

Feelin' Fancy

Yay for this weekend's weather! It meant I got to bring out a couple of things from summer I didn't get a chance to properly wear. As excited as I am for winter dressing, the sun doesn't half put a smile on my face.




 



Top: H&M // Shirt: Glamorous (similar) // Skirt: Topshop // Shoes: eBay // Bag: H&M

I bought this gorgeous skirt way back in the Topshop summer sale for £25 after lusting after their pastel midis for weeks (what a strike of luck that was!). I actually haven't had a proper chance to wear it, so as soon as I saw this delicate leaf print H&M top, I knew I just had to pair it with this skirt for a fun yet fancy ensemble. With the skirt being a sale purchase from a couple of months ago, unfortunately it's no longer available; however, there are always plenty of gems to find in Topshop sales, whatever the season, and I absolutely love it when they come around!

I decided to layer a short sleeve white blouse underneath the H&M top to add a bit of extra texture to this outfit. I do love a bit of layering, even on a warmer day! It's an easy way to bring something a bit different to an outfit. Nevertheless, I do look forward to wearing the top on it's own with a pair of jeans for a smart/casual day look.

I grabbed this patterned clutch again for an extra pop. Patterned bags are statement accessories that can transform outfits and add that fashion edge.

These eBay shoes have been fabulous summer staples. The white goes with loads and I have adored the chunky, 90s style of footwear this year. It was nice to wear them again! I just typed in 'chunky white sandals' into the eBay search bar and after a sift through, I found these. At around £20 with P&P they were well worth it!

I have worn the outfit with and without a belt and I think it looks nice either way. I like to experiment, even if it is with something so minor as a belt!

I hope you've all had a nice weekend enjoying the warmer weather and maybe even bringing out your favourite summer pieces before the weather undoubtedly takes another turn!

6 comments :