Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Casual Kimono

With the cooler weather set for the next few weeks, I decided to incorporate one of the biggest summer staples into a more 'in-between weather' outfit (oh the dreaded in-between!).




 



Kimono: H&M // T-shirt: H&M // Jeans: Topshop (similar) // Shoes: Newlook (similar) // Sunglasses: Asos // Belt & Necklace: H&M

Apologies for the messy hair etc. this week! I wasn't feeling very well, so I felt like I just couldn't get myself in order (one of those days!). I hope I still do the outfit a bit of justice at least :)

I wore the kimono first at V Festival with a more summery, boho outfit. This time, I threw it over a t-shirt and jeans for a simple yet pretty ensemble. I love H&M kimonos as they always come in such gorgeous prints and at around £14.99, they're a steal! I can see this one lasting me through winter as well (as long as I layer a coat on top!).

My boyfriend jeans have certainly had their use. I still adore my skinnies, but these go with so much and add a bit of grunge to plain outfits. These chunky Newlook sandals have also barely left my feet! I'll be sad to see them put away once the cold sets in, however I will be excited to get my hands on some new winter boots!

With the English weather doing what it does best and being completely unpredictable, I've been enjoying raiding my wardrobe to find pieces that can be worn during this in-between period. I'll be back in a few days with another transitional ensemble, combining old and new for a temperature appropriate look!

10 comments :

  1. 100% ADORE THIS OUTFIT. I love how casual it is but so well thought out 👌
    I love the slightly longer kimonos too! Classy & cute!
    Rebecca xxx
    www.queenbeady.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you! :) I'm a big fan of the longer kimonos, totally agree that they add a classy touch! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit!
    Angelakostaras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that outfit! Nice post :)

    Eunice x

    iamrisingsun.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete