Tuesday, 19 August 2014

V Festival: Day One

Hello!

I am back from V Festival and oh my goodness it was INCREDIBLE. I had the best time and am already looking to go next year! It's technically a two day festival, but me and two close friends set up camp on the Friday to make sure we made the most of our weekend.




Top: H&M // Kimono: H&M // Shirt: River Island // Shorts: Topshop // Wellies: Tu @ Sainsbry's // Fedora: Primark // Necklace: H&M

For the first day, I went for the festival faves with a kimono and high waisted denim shorts. This pretty floral number was £14.99 from H&M. It's lovely quality and something that I can dress up or down and pair with a number of outfits so was a good buy. It's not hard to see why kimonos are so popular among festival goers; they're light and loose fitting but still add a touch of glam when layered over a plain outfit.

This top was £12.99 from H&M. Crochet detailing has been popular this summer and has a boho vibe - perfect for a festival! It looks as though both H&M items aren't available online, but I only got these a couple of weeks ago, so they may still be in store.

I wore these denim shorts to Wireless Festival in July and they are my perfect shorts; super high waisted and a little longer on the leg. Of course I had to wear them again for V!

I've never really worn hats before but wanted to give them a go as they always looks so stylish. I decided on a fedora as they seem to look flattering on most people and this one was a bargain at £8. It rounds off the outfit nicely and will look great with winter outfits too.

Remember when everyone went mad for the khaki shirts and jackets with leather trims? Well I was one of those people. I haven't worn this River Island shirt for a little while now but knew it'd be a great little jacket this weekend. Khaki is always a dominant festival colour and it's nice to be able to recycle something once loved so much - especially when it's such good quality.

After setting up our tents, me and the girls chilled in the campsite before heading into the arena for a look around before the festival kicked off the next day. I didn't take many photos the first day, but here are a few:




Sunset over the campsite


Yellow camp woo!

I hope you like my first V Festival outfit post, I'll be back in a few days with a bit about day two!

2 comments :

  1. Hey, great post! I'm Cameron and I'm very interested in fashion and style. I would really appreciate you checking out my blog and maybe following me back! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thank you! Of course I'll check it out :)

    ReplyDelete