Sunday, 6 July 2014

Wireless Festival: 5th July 2014

Yesterday, me and a few friends went to Wireless Festival to see the likes of Azealia Banks, Labrinth, Rudimental, oh and err someone called Kanye West? You may have heard of him...

It was SO MUCH FUN. I love the festival atmosphere and everyone we saw put on a great show (Kanye had a bit of a rant, but I can't deny that man can perform!)

Choosing what to wear to a festival should be easy - throw a pac-a-mac on and really, you're good to go! But, for me, looking fashionable and summery whilst maintaining comfort and practicality can be a challenge!






 Black blouse: H&M (similar) // Floral shirt: Topshop sale // Shorts: Topshop // Shoes: Primark // Necklace: Primark //Sunglasses: Portobello Market // Belt: Primark

I decided to go for the all time festival staple - denim shorts. I have been looking for longer denim shorts for ages and these FINALLY arrived at Topshop. They're super high waisted and, although still short, they have a bit of extra length so as to not reveal any 'cheeks'!

This pretty, short-sleeve floral shirt was picked up this week in the Topshop sale for the absolute bargain price of £18! I always LOVE the Topshop sale and picked up a few other bits which I'll be wearing soon. Topshop always have quality pieces in the sale so it's definitely worth a look!

The black blouse was bought a few months ago from H&M. I decided to wear it as a kimono yesterday - another festival must have. I saw so many lovely kimonos yesterday; I wanted to ask about 20 people where they got them from (I chickened out of course.)

The converse style shoes are from Primark. I decided I didn't want to risk wearing real ones just in case it was muddy! As it turned out, the ground was really dry so I would've been fine. Still, these £7 shoes were pretty comfy and still look nearly as good!

It was an amazing day and was great to see some of my favourite artists perform live! Here's a few photos from the day:


 Rocking the pac-a-mac. This Primark beauty has lasted me two years from festivals to theme parks!


Labrinth



Me and the boyf posing with the main stage



Rudimental



Kanye West




I'm also headed to V Festival in August and after yesterday, cannot wait for it! I would love to hear if anyone else went to Wireless this weekend or if you have any festivals planned? Oh, and what festival fashion ideas you have too of course!

3 comments :

  1. I nominated you for The Beauty Blogger Of The Month Award!
    http://lifelovelindsey.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/beauty-blogger-of-the-month-award-nomination/
    ~Lindsey~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone for the LOVE of god! Please tell me why I haven't been following you sooner? I love your style girl, and I love festivals. I think I am going to enjoy your blog just fine! I'd have loved to have seen Iggy! She was meant to play at leeds fest last year but cancelled!
    Rebecca xxx
    www.queenbeady.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah what a lovely comment, thank you! :) Wireless was lots of fun, I'm excited for my next festival already! xx

    ReplyDelete