Sunday, 1 June 2014

Tropicallic

Yesterday, I went back to Bournemouth to celebrate a uni friend's birthday; it was such a fun night and great to catch up with old friends!

After (of course) debating with myself over what to wear for the occasion, I decided on this ensemble:






Top: Topshop // Jeans: Topshop // Shoes: Topshop // Bag: Primark // Necklace: H&M

I didn't know what to expect from the metallic trend at first, I was kind of imagining that metallic also meant space-like and crazy shiny! But I was wrong, and there are lots of pretty metallic items on the high street. I particularly liked this Topshop tee and at £20 it's very reasonably priced. The print is gorgeous and also fits with the tropical trend - two for one, perfect!

I'm definitely not normally dressed head-to-toe in Topshop - I couldn't afford it all the time! But the top was very reasonable and I definitely get my money's worth from these jeans! My fave item though, the shoes, were an absolute steal in last year's sale. I love a good hunt in the sales and I make sure I go straight to the shoes when the Topshop one comes around - you can bag some amazing bargains. They were reduced to £20 from £70 and I even got 10% student discount on top! They really are beautiful and one of my proudest finds. The bead detailing is gorgeous. The gold and silver blend also brightens the outfit up a bit - I found this necklace from H&M yesterday which matches the shoes perfectly!

The above photos weren't taken with my new DSLR (as you can probably tell). A big camera isn't exactly night out friendly! I did however, get to take a couple of photos at the beach which I'll post in a few days!).


I definitely still have a lot to learn!

No comments :

Post a Comment