Wednesday, 4 June 2014

A day at the beach

On Sunday, my boyfriend and I decided to hit Sanbanks beach in Poole as it was such a sunny day and we were already in Bournemouth. The beach was busier than expected, but I still managed to take a few snaps on my new camera (as well as have some taken of me in my 'sunny day' attire.)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Shirt: H&M // Jeans: Topshop // Bag: Vintage // Shoes: Topshop // Sunglasses: Portobello Market


I'd seen the weather forecast before I'd packed for Bournemouth, so I anticipated a bit of sun. I went for a light cotton shirt and jeans as I knew it'd be a fairly cool outfit - although it did turn out to be rather hot on Sunday in the end!


The shirt is from H&M and was around £14 a few weeks ago. I'd seen boyish/preppy shirts around and thought they looked effortlessly stylish. I love this striped number as it's a perfect go-to item when I just want to throw something on.


This red vintage bag was bought from a vintage store just off Portobello Road. I love vintage things! They can look so pretty and quirky, plus, as vintage items are pretty old, it means that not many people will have the same thing! The red bag against the pale blue gives a kind of nautical vibe - perfect for being beside the sea!


My sunglasses are also from Portobello Road market. A steal at £6. I adore them! They are my ideal sunglasses. I love the big lenses and vintage glamour style. Sunglasses are a bit hit and miss for me and some styles definitely don't suit my face! These however, are very comfy and I think (and hope) they suit well.


As the beach was pretty busy, I only managed to take a few pictures.


Image


Image


Two cheeky seagulls catching a ride on a boat


Image


Poole Harbour


Image


And of course, the obligatory 'camera in the sunglasses' shot


I'm really enjoying using my new camera but any tips or tricks are welcome from any experienced DSLR users!


As the warm weather increases (although it takes a few steps back here and there), I'm looking forward to wearing lighter and more summery clothes and of course for more beach days like this one!

2 comments :

  1. That pop of colour with the blue really does accomplish a great nautical vibe. I think those sunglasses look stellar on you!

    ReplyDelete