Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Party Attire

On Saturday, I went to a lovely engagement party for one of my favourite couples. It was held at a cute little pub in Oxfordshire and was an all day event complete with a hog roast and a little disco towards the end of the night.

The weather has been pretty awful this week, but Saturday was in-between; a little cloud to start, with the sun peeking through, whilst rain was clearly on the cards. Even though it was a party, an all day event with the weather looking as it did required an outfit that was a little practical at least.




Top: Asos // Blazer: H&M // Jeans: Topshop // Shoes: Topshop // Necklace: River Island // Rings: Pandora

With it technically being Spring, I just had to wear something bright and floral despite the temperamental weather. This pretty Asos shirt is something that I would describe as being 'very me'. I love the tropical floral print and it was a perfect item for a smart casual event.

I've also been waiting for an opportunity to get my white blazer out again. I bought this one last year to go with a dress when I went to Ascot (I'm wearing it in my current 'About Me' pic!). They seem to be quite popular again this year and I thought it would smarten this outfit up without looking too 'worky'.

As you can probably tell by now, I'm a bit of a Topshop jeans addict. They just fit so well! And you can't go wrong with a pair of black high waisted Jonis.

Luckily, the weather held out for the most part and we were able to enjoy a few drinks and the hog roast in the pub garden! When the rain did start to pour, we were able to sit in the function room at the back of the pub which was lovely and cosy. All in all, it was a wonderful engagement party and I couldn't be happier for the married couple to be!



Here is a photo of myself with my boyfriend (left) and the newly engaged couple at the party. I apologise for the grainy photos! Trying to get decent ones on a phone can be tricky as I'm sure many of you find. I did however buy a DSLR this week with my birthday funds which should improve the quality of the photos I post! It's a pretty basic model, but complicated enough for me to take time to get to grips with it properly before I show you my photography. I'm aiming to get some clearer 'ootd' pics before my next post!

2 comments :

  1. Blazers are my go to for smartening up any outfit. I have this lovely emerald green one that I was hesitant to buy but is one of my best purchases to date. It's just bold enough to make any casual summer dress really pop. Glad you had such a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh sounds lovely! I'll definitely be investing in a couple of bright blazers for the summer :)

    ReplyDelete