Monday, 19 May 2014

Going Gingham

It is my 23rd birthday today! So I've had a weekend full of celebration (I'm very lucky indeed).

On Friday, my lovely boyfriend took me to La Tasca in Newbury. I LOVE tapas. I always find it hard to decide what to have, so having little dishes of a few things is perfect for me! It was my first time at La Tasca and I would thoroughly recommend it. The food was fab!

Anyway, on to the outfit. I wanted to wear something Summery and smart for the occasion.




Top: H&M // Jeans: Topshop // Shoes & Necklace: Primark

I love the gingham print and have bought a few items in it recently. These Topshop jeans seem to be a bit of a fave among my friends and I've spotted them on a few blogs too. I can see why they're so popular; perfect for print lovers but also subtle enough for those who may be a bit wary of patterned trousers normally.

With the weather being so sunny, I decided to add a bit of colour to the monochrome ensemble with these orange midis from Primark. I do like to add a splash of colour if I can! These particular midis were bought last Summer but I've seen very similar ones in Primark recently (and they are at a bargain price too of course!). I rounded off the outfit with a bright purple nail varnish; I really like how it looks against the orange.

I did plan on also showing you my 'outfit of the night' from Saturday, but in typical style, the shorts I ordered online especially for my birthday, were too big. I threw on something from the wardrobe after a panic and hoped for the best (I'm a bit disorganised as you may be able to tell). The shorts however, are gorgeous. I can't wait to exchange them and wear them on the next special occasion.

As I said earlier, I have a few other gingham pieces and I'm hoping to show you all some of them in the next few weeks. I hope you like my take on the gingham jeans this week! I also hope you've all had a lovely weekend enjoying the sunshine - let's hope it stays!

2 comments :

  1. Love those pants! Also love the pop of color of those shoes, and that necklace!

    ReplyDelete